We finished just in time to take them to the May Day party. The boys were all a little jealous once they saw all the treats. Sierra and Ginger made a bunch of really yummy desserts including these things that were like giant swiss cake rolls! The highlight of the celebration is always wrapping ribbons around the May pole which was going pretty well until Brad and some other dogs started eating the treats. I had to let my ribbon drop but we did it again later.
There was music playing in the background and fun people and yummy treats. It was a great time!
Afterwards I was talking to grandma and she told me about a talk by President Oaks who talks about how he had planned out his whole life and nothing went as planned. I found the talk. It was a talk from a BYU devotional in like 2002 called "Sacrifice". I felt like it related so well to what I've been feeling and as we were talking I realized how wonderful it would be to look back on my life and realize I had gone everywhere the Lord wanted me to go and not just where I wanted to go. That is what President Oaks has done and I am sure even though he might have felt sad at the time, he wouldn't want to change a thing. This morning as I was walking to the blueberry patch, Uncle Casey caught up with me and as we were talking he said that the time in his life when he felt the most uncertainty was when he didnt know who he was going to marry. He finally just decided that he didnt know what was going to happen but his life was good so he was going to enjoy it and shortly after that Mandy showed up and they started dating. I realized my life is so good!! Why not enjoy it until Heavenly Father tells me what else I supposed to do!
The last couple of days have been really hard for some reason and I felt a little bit like Heavenly Father wasn't listening. I was just grumpy at everyone and tired of trying to find out what God wanted me to do.I was complaining to someone when I realized that I was not exercising any faith. Of course this is all going to work out and that is because Jesus cared enough about me to suffer and sacrifice His life. Where was my gratitude! I determined to have a more faith filled and grateful attitude. That made all the difference! I have felt wonderful ever since even though nothing changed about my circumstances!
It was a great day! I am now spending the night out at the cabin with Steven and Joseph. I just know these are going to be times I will never forget!